It is an intervention when the dental pulp becomes irreversibly inflamed. Treatment; It is done by removing the pulp containing the vein and nerve bundle of the tooth.
However, if there is an inflammatory event affecting the apex of the tooth, the tooth probably has lost its vitality.
You will not experience pain during root canal treatment.The pulp is extracted with tools called riffler files.Then the channels in which the pulp is located are expanded.It is then filled with gutta-percha, silver cones or a similar tissue-friendly material.Depending on the condition of the tooth and the patient and the nature of the treatment, the root canal-treated tooth can remain healthy in the mouth for many years.
Pain during dental root canal treatment
The root canal treatments are thought to be painful, but in fact, the root canals do not cause more pain than a simple filling procedure.However, since each person has a different pain threshold, it is not right to claim that no pain is felt.The patient may feel discomfort and sensitivity in some cases during the procedure.The discomfort is not caused by the procedure but by the inflammatory condition.
Pain after root canal treatment
The root canal treatment is a treatment to relieve pain and save the tooth.Especially if there is pain or infection before the procedure, the tooth may feel sensitivity for a few days.This sensitivity or discomfort can often be controlled by nonprescriptive painkillers such as ibuprofen or naproxen.Most patients return to their normal activities in the next day.
Considerations following the root canal treatment
- If the root canal treatment does not end in the first session, it should be avoided to use the tooth until the treatment is finished.
- Even if the root canal treatment is completely over, you should not eat or drink for at least two hours after the treatment.
- Avoiding excessive hot and cold drinks provides comfort for the patient as there may be sensitivity for a day or two.
- In the case of oral health care, besides the regular maintenance rules such as teeth brushing, flossing and using an antiseptic mouthwash, it is also important to visit the dentist at regular intervals.
Root canal treatment success rates and complications
Root canal treatment is a procedure with a success rate of more than 95%. Many canal-treated teeth can be used for life. However, despite your dentist's best efforts to clean and fill a tooth, new infections may occur in a root canal. Possible reasons for this can be listed as:
- A tooth which has more root canals than normally anticipated, and one of them remains uncleaned.
- An undetectable crack in the tooth root.
- The Bacteria which undergo the restoration, reach the inside of the toothand infect the area
- The disintegration of the material used to prevent the leakage and the resettlement of bacteria in the internal parts of the tooth.
Antalya Root Canal Treatment Google Search